Family trips to amusement parks are a favorably pastime during the summer.
However, when we turn on the news and see an accident at one of our favorite theme parks,
we become a little apprehensive.
But did you know amusement parks are one of the safest forms of public recreation?
- The chance of getting struck by lightning is 1 in 775, 000
- While the chances of being seriously injured on a fixed-site ride at an amusement park in the U.S are 1 in 16 million
Although amusement park accidents do not occur as often as other recreational sport accidents,
it’s still very important to take precautionary measures.
Below are some safety tips you can follow to help keep your family safe:
- Obey all posted signs and oblige by the height, weight, and health restrictions for each ride
- Listen and follow all verbal instructions given by ride operators and announcements
- Keep your hands, arms, legs, and feet inside of the ride at all times
- Secure all loose items
- Ensure seatbelts and other restraints are fastened and do not loosen them once they're checked
- Remain seated in the ride until you are instructed to exit
To get more tips on amusement park safety and to see additional statistics, visit the IAAPA website at
Photo Credit: Google images and NewYorkNewYork.com