Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-721-7201
Phone: 732-967-9110
Joseph M. Ghabour & Associates LLC

How can I tell if I am the victim of medical malpractice?

A bad medical result doesn't necessarily mean you are the victim of malpractice. Sometimes even successful medical procedures end with a result worse than what was expected.  Even with the best of care, things can go wrong. To be successful in a medical case, you must have an expert witness, who is a doctor in the same field as the doctor you are suing, testify and give a written report that the treating doctor deviated from the acceptable standard of care.  In NJ, you need an expert’s written report that the treating doctor made a mistake within 60 days of filing of the lawsuit or you risk your case getting dismissed.  This is called the “affidavit of merit” requirement.

Live Chat