Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-721-7201
Phone: 732-967-9110
Joseph M. Ghabour & Associates LLC

The driver who hit me droveaway. What options do I have?

If you are unable to take down the other car’s license plate number, you should still contact the police and file a report.  Under your NJ auto policy, you have coverage called “uninsured motorist coverage.”  This will allow you to make a claim against your own company for the damages caused by the hit and run driver.

If you are able to take down the license plate number, give it to the police along with a description of the other car and they will look up the name of the car’s owner and in all likelihood issue a summons for leaving the scene of an accident and/or failure to report an accident.

Live Chat