Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 877-721-7201
Phone: 732-967-9110
Joseph M. Ghabour & Associates LLC

What is a Civil Reservation?

http://www.ghabourlaw.com If you are at fault in a car or truck accident in New Jersey and have been issued a summons, you need to be prepared to go to court. Whether you plead guilty to the original charge on the summons or to an amended charge, you must ask for a civil reservation. What this means is that the person you hit, and who may later sue you, will not be able to use your guilty plea against you in a civil case. Can the other driver still sue you? Yes. But they will have to prove you liable and they will not be able to use your guilty plea in their case.

Car accidents raise many questions, especially when you or a loved one has been injured. Joseph Ghabour is here to help. If you have questions, please browse our website of free resources of give us a call at 800-97-ACCIDENT

Live Chat