Being a victim involved in a bike accident can be traumatic, overwhelming and stressful. Below you will find a list of significant steps you can make following a bicycle accident. We hope that the following list will help gain a better sense of control, create a strategy to overcome your loss and give you the confidence that you’re making the best decision for you and your family.
- Compose a record of the accident – One of the most important steps you can take after being involved in a bicyclist accident is to jot everything down. It is important to try to remember and document as much information as you can in order to keep the facts of your accident accurate and organized.
- Seek Medical Treatment– If you have been injured in a bicycle-related accident, regardless of how minor you believe your injuries are, seek medical help immediately.
- Document Your Injuries– Documentation is everything. Insurance companies will need to see the injuries you sustained. It is best to keep records of your injuries and treatment so that it will help make your case stronger.
- Report the accident to your insurance company – If your accident involved a car and you have a motor vehicle insurance policy, report it to them right away and open a claim. If you are not covered by auto insurance, contact us today and let’s discuss your case in detail. Each case is different, and we can guide you through the proper channels.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer (one who specializes in bicyclist related accidents)– Since bicyclist related accidents can result in severe and debilitating injuries, it is frequently in the victims’ best interest to contact a lawyer with experience taking care of these kinds of cases. It is best to speak with a personal injury attorney who has experience with cases of victims of bike accidents.
- Educate Yourself – To make a stronger case and help you understand the processes involved in a personal injury claim, do your research, ask questions, and read.
- Relax– Trying to find some time to relax, it will help speed up the healing process and help you find relief in a stressful time.
At Joseph M. Ghabour & Associates LLC, we will put you on the right path for the best chance of recovery for your personal injury claim.With our personalized and tailored approach, we will help you get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation regarding your personal injury matter.